Install Your Router
Make sure that your Internet service is active before you install your router.
To install your router:
1. Remove the antenna caps. Remove the antenna caps from the antenna posts on the router.
2. Attach the antennas.
3. Prepare your modem.
4. Connect your modem.
5. Add power to the router.
6. Connect a computer.
7. Launch a web browser.
To log in to the router:
1. Launch a web browser.
2. Enter www.routerlogin.net in the address field of the browser. A login screen displays.
3. Enter admin for the user name and password for the password. The BASIC Home screen displays. If your Internet connection is not set up yet, genie automatically detects your Internet connection.
Find a Forgotten WiFi Security Password
The preset WiFi password is on the product label. If you changed your WiFi password and forgot what it is, log in to the router to view its current WiFi password.
To connect to the router and view its WiFi password:
1. Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to a black Ethernet port on the router.
2. Launch a web browser.
3. Enter www.routerlogin.net in the address field. A login screen displays.
4. Enter the router user name and password. The default user name is admin and the default password is password. You can use the default credentials if you did not change them. The BASIC Home screen displays.
5. Select Wireless Settings. The Security Options section of the screen displays your WiFi password.