Built on the foundation of our original WRT’s open-source heritage, the Linksys WRT1200AC delivers superior network performance for the most demanding users. The WRT1200AC features two external antennas, a powerful 1.3GHz dual-core ARM, and Wireless-AC to provide high-speed Wi-Fi connections with exceptional range.
To Install Your Router
1. If replacing an existing router, disconnect it.
2. Connect the antennas and power on your new router.
3. Power cycle your modem
4. Connect the Internet cable from your modem to the yellow Internet port on your router. Wait until the power light on the front of the router is solid.
5. Connect to the secure wireless network name shown in the Quick Start Guide that came with your router. (You can change the network name and password later.) If you need help connecting to the network, refer to your device documentation.
Note: You will not have Internet access until router setup is complete.
6. Open a web browser and follow the instructions to complete setup. If instructions do not appear in the web browser, enter linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar.
7. At the end of setup, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account. Use Linksys Smart Wi-Fi to configure your router from any computer with an Internet connection.
How to Connect to Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
1. Visit linksyssmartwifi.com or myrouter.local (if not online) with a web browser.
2. Enter the email address and password you set up earlier, and click Log in.