The AC1200+ features dual wireless bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) with data speeds up to N300 Mbps + AC867 Mbps, great for media-intense applications such as video streaming and online gaming.
Beamforming focuses the Wi-Fi signal directly to your smartphones, tablets, and laptops instead of sending out a general transmission. Plus, two detachable external antennas help strengthen the signal. The result is a more efficient network with a wider range.
How to install your router
1. If replacing an existing router, disconnect it. Power on your new router.
2. Connect the Internet cable from your modem to the yellow Internet port on your router. Wait until the power light on the front of the router is solid.
3. Connect to the secure wireless name shown in the Quick Start Guide that came with your router. (You can change the network name and password later during router setup.) If you need help connecting to the network, refer to your device documentation CD. Note: You will not have Internet access until router setup is complete.
4. Open a web browser and follow the instructions to complete your router’s setup. If instructions do not appear in the web browser, enter linksyssmartwifi.com in the browser’s address bar.
5. At the end of setup, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account. Use Linksys Smart Wi-Fi to easily manage your router’s settings, such as:
- Change your router’s name and password
- Set up guest access
- Configure parental controls
- Connect devices to your network
- Test your Internet connection speed