The AC1200 features dual wireless bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) with data speeds up to N300 Mbps + AC867 Mbps, great for media-intense applications such as video streaming and online gaming.
Four Fast Ethernet ports make it easy to connect devices directly to the router or share data on external storage devices. Plus, use the USB 2.0 port to transfer files from a storage device or share a printer across your Wi-Fi network.
If Linksys Smart Wi-Fi did not complete the setup, you can try the following:
1. Press and hold the Reset button on your router with a paperclip or pin until the LED starts flashing (about 10 seconds), then install the router again.
2. Temporarily disable your computer’s firewall (see the security software’s instructions for help), then install the router again.
3. If you have another computer, use that computer to install the router again.
If you get a “Your Internet cable is not plugged in” message when trying to set up your router, follow these troubleshooting steps.
1. Make sure that an Ethernet or Internet cable (or a cable like the one supplied with your router) is securely connected to the yellow Internet port on the back of the router and to the appropriate port on your modem. This port on the modem is usually labeled Ethernet, but may be named Internet or WAN.
2. Make sure that your modem is connected to power and is turned on. If it has a power switch, make sure that it is set to the ON or l position.
3. If your Internet service is cable, verify that the cable modem’s CABLE port is connected to the coaxial cable provided by your ISP. Or, if your Internet service is DSL, make sure that the DSL phone line is connected to the modem’s DSL port.
4. If your computer was previously connected to your modem with a USB cable, disconnect the USB cable.
5. Install the router again.