How to upgrade TP-LINK ADSL Modem Router? (TrendChip Solution)
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrading may damage your device and void the warranty.
- After you downloaded the firmware from TP-LINK website, please use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the firmware file to a folder;
- Do NOT upgrade the firmware via wireless connection;
- Do NOT turn off the power or cut down the Ethernet cable during upgrade process;
- Please write down all current settings as a backup and enter them manually after upgrading.
- Internet Explorer(IE) is recommended to upgrade the firmware.
Step 1 Log into the ADSL Modem Router by typing http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar of the web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox). The UserName and Password are both admin unless you have changed it before.
Step 2 Click Maintenance ->Firmware click the Browse button to choose the firmware you already extracted in the folder.
Step 3 Click the UPGRADE button. The device will reboot automatically after the upgrading has been finished. Please wait about 3 minutes.
Step 4 Click Status-> Device Info, verify that the router's firmware has been upgraded.
Step 5 You have to restore the device to factory default to make the new functions take effect; Click Maintenance->SysRestart, choose Factory Default Settings, Click RESTART button.
Step 6 After restoring factory default, please login http://192.168.1.1 and re-enter the settings you have written down before upgrading.