Buffalo WZR-1166DHP Router Firmware Update Guide
This firmware is for the WZR-1166DHP only. Do not use it with other products.
This firmware is not backward compatible. After updating the AirStation, you cannot revert to a version earlier than 2.04.
- Compatible operating systems: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98 SE, OS X 10.4 - 10.8
- Compatible browsers: Internet Explorer 7.x or later, Firefox 3.5.x or later, Safari 3.x or later
- A TCP/IP connection is required to install this firmware update.
- Wired or wireless network card.
How to Update
Connect the AirStation to the same subnet of your network as your computer. For best results, connect the AirStation directly to your computer with a LAN cable.
- Start your PC.
- Confirm that both the LAN adapter's and the AirStation's IP addresses are on the same network subnet. Refer to the AirStation's user manual for instructions on changing IP address settings.
- Open a web browser and enter "192.168.11.1" in the URL field. Press the enter key.
- Enter "admin" for the username and "password" for the password and click "Log In". If you've changed the password, enter the new password instead.
- Click the "Advanced Settings" panel at the right of the screen.
- Click "Admin" at the left of the screen, then click "Update Firmware".
- Click "Browse" to the right of "Firmware File Name" and locate the extracted firmware file. The file will have the name wzr_1166dhp_us_***, where *** is the version number. Click "Update Firmware" to start the update.
- During the firmware update, the diag LED will flash for about 5 minutes. When the update is complete, the LED will turn off. Do not turn off the AirStation until the firmware update is complete. If the unit is unplugged while the diag LED is still flashing, the AirStation may be damaged.
Firmware Version Confirmation
- Access the login screen by following the "How to Update" steps 1-3 above.
- Confirm that "WZR-1166DHP Version 2.09" is displayed on the login screen.