Pentax Digital Camera Firmware Update Guide
How to check version
- Turn the power on while pressing the MENU button.
- The Firmware version is displayed for about 5 seconds at the center of the LCD monitor.
- Perform the above operation without inserting the SD/SDHC card containing Firmware in the camera.
Be sure to use fully charged battery.
If the camera turns off during updating due to lack of battery power, the camera will become inoperable.
If this happens, a charge will be made for repairs even if within the warranty period.
- Provide a formated SD/SDHC memory card for the update software (with at least 32MB of available memory space).
The downloaded file is self-extracting.
The following files are extracted.
readme.txt: this document
Copy the above Firmware file [fwdcxxxb.bin] to the root directory in the SD/SDHC card.
If your computer does not have a card slot, you can copy the firmware update file by inserting the SD/SDHC card into your camera and then connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- Insert the battery into the camera and confirm the battery is full by battery level indicator then turn the camera off.
- Insert the update SD/SDHC card (prepared in step 1) into the camera and close card cover.
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button.
- "NOW LOADING" appears in the LCD monitor, and will change to the "PROGRAM UPDATE". At the bottom of the LCD monitor, example:
CURRENT VERSION 1.00/1.01/1.02/1.03/1.10/1.11/1.12
UPDATE VERSION 1.13
will be displayed.
- Press the four-way controller to select "YES" and press the "OK" button.
- "UPDATING" appears on the LCD monitor and updating starts. Please do not under any circumstances switch off the power before the update is completed. It will take approximately 90~150 seconds to complete update.
- When update is completed, the "COMPLETE" will be displayed at the left bottom of the LCD monitor, then turn the camera off.
- Remove the update SD/SDHC card from the camera.
- To check the Firmware version in your camera, turn the camera on while pressing the MENU button.
Check that the version displayed in the LCD monitor is "Ver.x.xx" The camera automatically starts up after about 5 seconds.
When updating is finished, the update SD/SDHC card still contains the Firmware file.
If you want to use this card to take pictures, delete the Firmware file first.
Return PENTAX Camera