AMD Catalyst Software Suite 14.9 for Windows 7/8.1 x86/x64
User Drivers » Video / Graphic Adapter » ATI »
Date Added: October 01, 2014 / Release Date: September 29, 2014 / Publisher: ATI / File Size: 273.31 MB
OS: Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit
Package contains the following graphics drivers and dependent/required software for the products specified in the current version’s official release notes for the 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1:
- AMD Catalyst Display Driver version 14.301.1001
- OpenCL(tm) Driver
- AMD Catalyst Control Center (version 14.301.1001)
Highlights of AMD Catalyst 14.9 Windows Driver:
- Support for the AMD Radeon R9 28
- Performance improvements (comparing AMD Catalyst 14.9 vs. AMD Catalyst 14.4)
- 3DMark Sky Diver improvements: AMD A4 6300 - improves up to 4%, Enables AMD Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFire support
- 3DMark Fire Strike: AMD Radeon R9 290 Series - improves up to 5% in Performance Preset
- 3DMark11: AMD Radeon R9 290 Series / R9 270 Series - improves up to 4% in Entry and Performance Preset
- BioShock Infinite: AMD Radeon R9 290 Series - 1920x1080 - improves up to 5%
- Company of Heroes 2: AMD Radeon R9 290 Series - improves up to 8%
- Crysis 3: AMD Radeon R9 290 Series / R9 270 Series - improves up to 10%
- Grid Auto Sport: AMD CrossFire profile
- Murdered Soul Suspect: AMD Radeon R9 290X (2560x1440, 4x MSAA, 16x AF) - improves up to 50%, AMD Radeon R9 290 Series / R9 270 Series - improves up to 6%, CrossFire configurations improve scaling up to 75%
- Plants vs. Zombies (Direct3D performance improvements): AMD Radeon R9 290X - 1920x1080 Ultra - improves up to 11%, AMD Radeon R9290X - 2560x1600 Ultra - improves up to 15%, AMD Radeon R9290X CrossFire configuration (3840x2160 Ultra) - 92% scaling
- Batman Arkham Origins: AMD Radeon R9 290X (4x MSAA) - improves up to 20%, CrossFire configurations see up to a 70% gain in scaling
- Wildstar: Power Xpress profile, Performance improvements to improve smoothness of application, Performance improves up to 30% on the AMD Radeon R9 and R7 Series of products for both single GPU and Multi-GPU configurations
- Tomb Raider: AMD Radeon R9 290 Series - improves up to 5%
- Watch Dogs: AMD Radeon R9 290 Series / R9 270 Series - improves up to 9%, AMD CrossFire - Frame pacing improvement, Improved CrossFire performance - up to 20%
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Improves CrossFire scaling (3840x2160 High Settings) up to 93% (CrossFire scaling improvement of 25% compared to AMD Catalyst 14.4)
- Lichdom: Improves performance for single GPU and Multi-GPU configurations
- Star Craft II: AMD Radeon R9 290X (2560x1440, AA, 16x AF) - improves up to 20%
- AMD Eyefinity enhancements
- Mixed Resolution Support
- A new architecture providing brand new capabilities
- Display groups can be created with monitors of different resolution (including difference sizes and shapes)
- Users have a choice of how surface is created over the display group
- Fill - legacy mode, best for identical monitors
- Fit - create the Eyefinity surface using best available rectangular area with attached displays
- Expand - create a virtual Eyefinity surface using desktops as viewports onto the surface
- Eyefinity Display Alignment
- Enables control over alignment between adjacent monitors
- One-Click Setup
- Driver detects layout of extended desktop can create Eyefinity display group using this layout in one click!
- New user controls for video color and display settings
- Greater control over Video Color Management:
- Controls have been expanded from a single slider for controlling Boost and Hue to per color axis
- Color depth control for Digital Flat Panels (available on supported HDMI and DP displays)
- Allows users to select different color depths per resolution and display
- AMD Mantle enhancements
- Mantle now supports AMD Mobile products with Enduro technology
- Battlefield 4: AMD Radeon HD 8970M (1366x768; high settings) - 21% gain
- Thief: AMD Radeon HD 8970M (1920x1080; high settings) - 14% gain
- Star Swarm: AMD Radeon HD 8970M (1920x1080; medium settings) - 274% gain
- Enables support for Multi-GPU configurations with Thief (requires the latest Thief update)
- AMD AM1 JPEG decoding acceleration.
- JPEG decoding acceleration was first enabled on the A10 APU Series in AMD Catalyst 14.1 beta, and has now been extended to the AMD AM1 Platform.
- Provides fast JPEG decompression.
- Provides Power Efficiency for JPEG decompression.
- 60Hz SST flickering has been identified as an issue with non-standard display timings exhibited by the AOC U2868PQU panel on certain AMD Radeon graphics cards. A software workaround has been implemented in the AMD Catalyst 14.9 driver to resolve the display timing issues with this display
- Users seeing flickering issues in 60Hz SST mode are further encouraged to obtain newer display firmware from their monitor vendor that will resolve flickering at its origin.
- Users are additionally advised to utilize DisplayPort-certified cables to ensure the integrity of the DisplayPort data connection.
- 4K panel flickering issues found on the AMD Radeon R9 290 Series and AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series.
- Screen tearing observed on AMD CrossFire systems with Eyefinity portrait display configurations.
- Instability issues for Grid Autosport when running in 2x1 or 1x2 Eyefinity configurations.
- Geometry corruption in State of Decay.
- : Horizontal flashing lines on second screen in a clone mode with V-Sync on using AMD Mobility Graphics with Switchable Intel Graphics.
- : Display takes a long time to redraw the screen after an S4 cycle.
- : Mantle driver will TDR when running Star Swarm on the loading screen.
- : GPU gets stuck in a low power state after it was previously stressed to max power.
- : Severe flickering observed on default launch of SimCity 4.
- : Playing any media sample in full screen in the 2x1/1x2 Fill SLS configuration leads to TDR.
- : Intermittent application hang observed while launching Aliens vs. Predator.
- : While running performance test, crash is observed with fault module atidxx32.dll.
- : Severe corruption and flashing light observed with specific game settings in Grid 2.
- : Flashing lights in Batman Arkham Origins game main menu.
AMD Catalyst Proprietary Linux Graphics Driver 14.9 for Linux x86/x64
AMD Catalyst Software Suite 14.9 for Windows 7/8.1 x86/x64
AMD Clean Uninstall Utility for Windows 7/8/8.1 x86/x64
AMD Catalyst Software Suite 13.12 for Windows 7/8/8.1 x86/x64
AMD Catalyst Software Suite 13.9 for Windows 7/8/8.1 x86/x64