Hitachi Feature Tool 2.15 for DOS
Date Added: Jun 2010 / OS: DOS / File Size: 2,578 KB / Publisher: Hitachi
The Feature Tool is a DOS-bootable tool for changing various ATA features. It can modify certain features of our Deskstar and Travelstar high-performance ATA hard disk drives and supports 48-bit addressing for new, large-capacity drives.
* Feature Tool User’s Guide Contains instructions for creating the bootable media under Windows and Linux, and information on how to use the program.
* Diskette creator for Windows (1,692 K)
* Binary diskette image (for non-Windows OS) (1,440 K)
* CD image (2,578 K): Create a bootable CD for Windows, Linux and other operating systems (requires CD-RW drive and software).
Changes ATA Drive Settings
* Enable or disable the read-ahead or write cache.
* Change the predefined capacity of the drive.
- Used when BIOS limitation exists and the drive is not recognized.
* Switch the Ultra DMA mode. Change advanced power mode.
- Switch between lowest and highest power consumption (maximum performance level).
* Configure SATA interface.
- Adjust maximum speed and enable/disable spread spectrum clocking.
Most Popular Drivers