Intel S5400SF Server Board Drivers
Date Added: Jun 2009
Publisher's description of Intel S5400SF Server Board
The Intel® Server Board S5400SF supports Intel® Xeon® processors, delivering high levels of performance, reliability and manageability. The flexible 1U rack-optimized design makes it ideal for high performance and high density compute environments. Together, these capabilities address the needs of enterprise-level computing in space-constrained environments, particularly those running Internet, departmental database, data-center, and other high-transaction applications.
Features and benefits
Support for dual-core and quad-core processors: Significantly increased server performance without an increase in power consumption.
Dual independent bus architecture: Enables dedicated data flow to each processor, maximizing system performance.
Fully buffered DIMM memory: Increases capacity and memory bandwidth to keep pace with the processor and I/O performance enhancements.
Intel® Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel® EM64T)1: Extends the amount of available server memory.
Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology (Intel® I/OAT): A platform innovation that helps get network data to and from server applications faster, while consuming far fewer CPU cycles.
Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT)2: Turns a physical server into multiple systems (virtual machines) allowing multiple operating systems and applications to run inside a single platform.
Execute Disable Bit3: Reduces exposure to viruses and prevents harmful software from executing on the server or network.
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology: Allows processors to adjust their operating speeds to meet varying performance needs, while balancing power consumption.
Processors: Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® processor 5400 sequence and Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® processor 5200 sequence
Memory capacity: Sixteen Fully Buffered DIMM (FBDIMM) sockets for up to 128GB of registered ECC DDR2 667MHz memory
Integrated management: IPMI 2.0-compliant onboard platform instrumentation
Software: Intel® Server Essentials Software
System BIOS: 8Mb flash EEPROM with EFI BIOS, multiboot BBS (BIOS Boot Specification) 1.4-compliant
Special features: Plug and play, IDE drive autoconfigure, SMBIOS 2.3, ECC/parity support, multilingual support, enabled for rolling/online BIOS updates
• Intel D865GSA Motherboard
• Intel D946GZIS Motherboard
• Intel D865GLC Motherboard
• Intel D845GVFN Motherboard
• Intel D865GBF Motherboard
• Intel D945GCNL Motherboard
• Intel D865PERL Motherboard
• Intel D101GGC Desktop Board
• Intel D915GAV Motherboard
• Intel S5500BC Server Board
• Intel S5500HCV Server Board
• Intel S5500WB Server Board
• Intel S5520HC Server Board
• Intel S5520UR Server Board
• Intel S5520SC Workstation Board
• Intel WX58BP Workstation Board
• Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter
• Intel PRO/100 M Desktop Adapter
• Intel PRO/100 S Desktop Adapter
• Intel PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter
• Intel PRO/1000 PT Desktop Adapter
• Intel SASMF8I Entry RAID Controller
• Intel SASUC8I Entry RAID Controller
• Intel SASWT4I Entry RAID Controller
• Intel SRCSAS144E Mainstream RAID Controller
• Intel SRCSAS18E Scalable Performance RAID Controller
• Intel SRCSASBB8I Mainstream RAID Controller
• Intel SRCSASJV Scalable Performance RAID Controller