Nikon View NX 2.7.5
ViewNX 2 is all-in-one image browsing and editing software application for both still images and movies. It is a fun and easy-to-use application offering enhanced operation.
In addition to image browsing function, ViewNX 2 allows users to adjust image size and brightness, as well as offering new editing functions that enable cropping and image straightening for RAW-, TIFF- and JPEG-format images. Naturally, it also enables adjustment of such aspects as white balance and exposure compensation for RAW images captured with Nikon digital cameras. Smooth collaboration with Nikon Image Space, Nikon’s image storage and sharing service, has also been achieved. What’s more, Nikon Transfer 2 has been incorporated into ViewNX 2 for transferring images to a computer, and functions for editing movies, including one that allows you to trim movie footage, have also been included.
Modifications that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh versions 2.7.5:
- An issue has been corrected where a bright, whitish diagonal line is shown in images from D600 (C firmware version 1.01) when DX Crop mode and Active D-Lighting were used
- You must have Administrator authority to run this software on a Windows computer. You must enter the Admin password to run this Updater Software on a Macintosh computer.
- Turn off all virus-scanning software and exit ViewNX 2 or any other applications that may be running before proceeding with this installation.
- To take advantage of all ViewNX 2 features (on a computer running a 32-bit version of Windows OS), QuickTime version 7.6.9 or later must be installed on your computer.
- QuickTime can be downloaded from the Apple Computer website.
- To use the movie (.WMV, MPEG-1 files) playback feature in the Windows version of ViewNX 2, Microsoft DirectX 9 or later must be installed on your computer. DirectX 9 can be downloaded from the Microsoft Corporation website. However, installation is not necessary under Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- ViewNX 2 can be installed on a computer to which Nikon Transfer Ver. 1.x and ViewNX Ver. 1.x have already been installed. However, please do not attempt to run ViewNX 2 at the same time these earlier Ver. 1.x versions are running.
- Be sure to read the sections below before downloading this software.