Nikon D700 Camera Firmware Upgrade A: 1.04/B: 1.03
Modifications enabled with this upgrade of firmware, release date May 21, 2013
Support for the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR has been added.
Confirming the firmware version:
- Turn on the D700
- Press the MENU button and select Firmware Version from the setup menu. The camera’s firmware version will be displayed.
- Turn off the D700
Basic Upgrade instructions: for detailed instructions, see pdf files below:
- Download the application below, and either click Save to save the executable file to your computer or Run to autoexpand the file into the D700Update folder, which contains the D700_104.bin file.
- Format an approved CF card in the camera (do not use a Microdrive card to perform this update)
- Use a CF Card Reader (do not use a Lexar Jump Shot USB cable to perform this update)
- Copy the D700_104.bin file to the top level of the memory card, do not copy the file into any folder on the memory card.
- Insert memory card into camera, switch on.
- Update the firmware from the Setup / Firmware version menu
- Follow the camera’s on-screen menus.
- Format memory card in camera for use.