Nikon Capture NX 2.4.2 Update
This program upgrades Capture NX 2.3.0 - 2.3.5 to ver 2.4.2. You need Capture NX 2.3.0 to 2.4.1 installed to complete this upgrade. After this updater program is run, it will be required to go into the product key again to verify ownership of previous version of this program.
Improvements allowed with Version 2.4.2
- A problem continues to be fixed where a bright, whitish diagonal line is displayed in pictures from D600 (C firmware ver 1.01) when DX Crop mode and Active D-Lighting were utilised.
Improvements allowed with Version 2.4.1
- Assistance for RAW pictures captured using the D7100 continues to be applied.
- An Auto2 option continues to be included with New WB under White Balance in the Camera Settings area of the Develop section within the Edit List palette. This choice is provided with RAW pictures taken using the D7000. Nevertheless, colors will differ slightly from those achieved with the camera’s White Balance set to AUTO2 Keep warm lighting colors.
The next problems are already fixed:
Problems fixed with both the Windows and Mac OS versions
- When some color profiles were utilised since the monitor (or display screen) profile, colors were really blue.
- Once the Selection Control Point was dragged, a mistake was at times shown and Capture NX 2 would quit suddenly.
Extra problems fixed with the Windows ver
- When a few color profiles were utilised and also the Soft Proof feature allowed, colors were at times strange or an error might have been shown.
- When trying to print pictures in which this problem happened, Capture NX 2 at times quit suddenly.
- When editing pictures, a "The drive that the Temporary Folder is on is almost full." mistake message was sometimes shown.
- When performing batch processing on a many pictures, blue lines at times appeared in pictures.
Extra problems fixed using the Mac OS version
- When some color profiles were utilised and the Soft Proof feature allowed, colors were sometimes unusual.
- When a many color profiles were authorized with the computer system, Capture NX 2 was sometimes not able to open pictures.
Improvements allowed with Version 2.4.0
- Assistance for RAW pictures captured with the Nikon 1 J3 and Nikon 1 S1 has been additional.
- The next improvements are already designed to White Balance in the Camera Settings area of the Develop section in the Edit List palette.
- Underwater is now able to chosen from New WB. Nevertheless, Underwater are only able to be chosen for RAW pictures captured with a digital camera that helps Underwater white balance.
- Resulting colors are already adjusted when Flash was chosen from New WB for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 V2.
- An problem that, in a few rare cases, avoided display of some JPEG photos continues to be fixed.
Extra improvements to the Windows version
- Being compatible with 64-bit and 32-bit Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, and Windows 8 Enterprise continues to be additional.
- Proper operation is proven with use within desktop mode. Touchscreen operations aren’t supported.
Extra improvements to the Mac OS version
- Assistance for high-resolution display on Macintosh computers with a built-in Retina display continues to be additional. However, this is applicable simply to photo show in the image window.